Puppy & Kitten Packages
Having a new pet is an exciting time. Just like a new baby, they grow and change so quickly! We know you want to start your puppy or kitten’s life off on the right paw, but it can be confusing to know exactly what your new pet needs. Well, that’s why we’re here!
College Park Road Veterinary Clinic has developed an all-inclusive plan that provides you and your puppy or kitten with everything needed to ensure a healthy, happy start.
- Examinations: Your puppy or kitten will need three to four monthly examinations during his or her first year. We’ll monitor your pet’s growth and make sure everything is developing properly. Puppies and kittens grow so fast, if there are any developmental issues, we want to catch them right away so they can be corrected or can minimize their effect on the rest of your pet’s life.
- Vaccinations: Very young animals do not have full immunity from disease, which makes it extremely important that they get their vaccinations on schedule. In this area, parvovirus is a well-known disease that is highly contagious and can kill a young dog in as little as 24-48 hours. It can live in soil for up to a year and so it is vitally important to vaccinate our puppies from this horrible disease as well as others.
- Parasite Testing, Treatment and Prevention: One of the most common problems in young kittens and puppies is parasites—everything from intestinal worms to fleas, ticks, and ear mites. You may become aware that your puppy has worms (most do) by seeing them in the stool, but many parasites can’t be seen without a microscope or specific testing. Before you spend money on a less expensive dewormer at a feed store, you should be aware that over the counter products like these don’t always work for every kind of parasite. You might also be treating your pet for something he or she doesn’t have, which isn’t good either. When you bring your pet in to see us for an exam and testing, we will identify everything your pet needs and then give him or her the appropriate treatment. We won’t miss anything, and your pet will get only the medicine needed.
- Training and Behavioral Consultation: Whether this is your very first pet or you are a veteran pet parent, the new puppy or kitten you have just adopted is a fresh start. We can provide advice, tips, and even trainer recommendations to enable you to raise a well-mannered pet that can join your pack and enhance your family’s life.
- Spay and Neuter: Dogs and cats mature very quickly, and can become parents themselves well before they’re even a year old. Spaying and neutering not only prevents unwanted litters of pets, but also has significant health benefits. Our veterinarians will help you determine the right time for your pet to have this procedure done, and when it is time, we’ll perform the surgery in our hospital providing the safest and highest level of care and monitoring.